Careers with SCAC
We’re always on the lookout for new talent to join our team. Get in touch today.
Flight School Administration Assistant (Closed for Applications)
About the Role: The Sunshine Coast Aero Club, established in 1959, is a not-for-profit organisation based at Sunshine Coast Airport which provides flight training and aircraft hire to club members. With expansive growth predicted in the next 12 months, we are looking to bring someone on to the team to assist with administration and reception duties in order to allow the flight school to provide an excellent experience to all students.
Employment Type: Part-Time (0.8 FTE), Fixed-Term (12 months) with possibility of extension. Hours of work to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Location: Sunshine Coast Aero Club, 16 Friendship Avenue, Marcoola 4564
Reports to: Chief Flying Instructor
• Coordinate and carry out all office administration including reception, mail, couriers, greeting students and filing as required
• Assist the Treasurer with basic bookkeeping duties as required
• Schedule and organise posts in accordance with the school’s social media and marketing strategy
• Maintain a clean and safe workspace, and abide by workplace health and safety policies and procedures
Skills, Experience and Qualities:
• Experience in a customer-centred role (Required)
• Ability to demonstrate an attitude which is focussed on giving students an excellent experience (Required)
• Ability to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills (Required)
• Ability to demonstrate a sound level of understanding regarding Facebook, Instagram and other social media marketing tools (Required)
• Be someone who genuinely loves all things aviation! (Essential)
Experience within the aviation industry will be very highly regarded. Salary in line with applicable award rates and may vary based on experience in similar roles.
• Completing administration tasks in a timely manner
• Managing online posts in accordance with the marketing strategy timeline
• Dealing with students and clients in a professional manner at all times
• Ensuring office area is clean, tidy and presentable at all times
This position is now closed. We are in the process of reviewing applications and will be in contact with successful candidates shortly. We thank you for your interest in working with SCAC.